8 February 2007

More ramblings!

Yesterday evening I made good progress on my latest project after two abortive attempts at one of the pieces!
I wonder how many yards of thread I've thrown away during the past fifty years? That's an interesting thought!!! I remember that when I was in my teens the cost of a ball of Coats thread was two pound two shillings and sixpence (£2.25). At least I'm pretty darn sure it was that. As balls are still roughly that price it does seem that the cost of my addiction has remained roughly the same!!! In those days it took me a lot of agonising over spending my pocket money and then if I made a mistake I hated cutting out and throwing away. Nowadays I don't mind the waste.
Actually, no, I'm wrong in that previous statement about the cost of my addiction!!! It's soaring over the years. BUT only because I can now afford more threads, shuttles and beads!!!! Where will it ever end?
Just a quick side note. It's snowing here today. Three inches with a forcast of three more. Last time it was this deep in our area was roughly twenty years ago when I walked two miles through the countryside in blizzard conditions to school. I was the closest teacher to the school and when I got there the head had already arrived from eight miles away and closed it!!! It took most of the morning (me in the school hall telling stories to the kids) to contact the parents of those who had arrived to ask them to take them home! I then had to walk home!!

No comments:

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.