21 June 2007

And Yet Another!

I did another gecko last night whilst babysitting. I used two colours, beads and lots of SLT's!!! Here's the result!!

I also found a 'better' way to do the head but still need to double check which shuttle the eye beads need to be on!! Really enjoying doing geckos so may well do another AFTER the one I started late last night!!! I may even do more to sew onto a denim casual jacket that I found lurking in the wardrobe!!!!
Oh, two very interesting points. Firstly this is a 'slap and zap' design. By that I mean you slap it on the ironing board and zap it with the iron. No blocking or anything. Secondly you'll see that in this latest version the 'toes' are nicely rounded. How DID I do that? Well I reverted to normal and to instinct (to be honest I forgot to take a picot gauge with me when I went next door to baby sit) and just 'eyeballed' each picot. I did this for nearly fifty years before deciding that I 'ought' to use one. I won't be using gauges again in a hurry!!!

2 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Very delightful! I like these little guys! I've never used a picot gauge. Maybe after another 20 years of tatting I'll pick one up and give it go :)

Anonymous said...

One gorgeous gecko, Jane! Love the colors and the beads.
hugs,
Katie Verna
NC, Raleigh area

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.