12 July 2007

Invisibility Rules, OK?

Now this was a real challenge!!! I decided to use a favourite pattern which is the starcatcher one on my site (click on title). First of all I knew from the sample piece that I did yesterday that I had to tat carefully and double the stitch count. I used the thread double as before and I've also some of the delica beads that Teri sent me a few weeks ago because they were just right and of the same quality as the thread. I also had to adjust the quantity of beads on the very long picots - halving the amount (roughly). So, double the ds's and half the beads!!!!
The motif measures just about 2" across. End result according to 'him what must be obeyed' - looks just like a snowflake. Loved working with this as a thread so I might do more in the future.
I've done two scans and two photographs - none of which really do the motif justice!!!

1 comment:

Jane Eborall said...

Hi, Carol. One of the threads just says 'Made in China Transparent nylon'!!! I think that's the one I got from Walmart!! The others are Coats Quilting. One is size .004 and t'other is size .005 although they feel just the same to me. In fact they all feel the same and tat the same!!!!
JaneEb

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.