27 October 2007

Another two

Only two animals got done yesterday. Well it was Friday and a bottle of red wine usually finds it's way into the 'scheme of things' on a Friday evening!!!
I did, however, manage to pin the critters I've already done onto the bag during the afternoon! I raided one of my boxes of completed stuff and found a few more animals to add too. Maybe today I'll get the two new ones on and start sticking them.
Not sure if I mentioned that I got some new glue from our craft store last weekend. It said on the packet that it would stick anything to (more or less) anything but that it was also washable too. Ah, tat's exactly what I needed for my bag!!!
When I got it home and opened up the packet it said that before using you should wash the garment well! Also mentioned that denim should be washed four times before sticking!!! On yer bike, thought I!!! When I made my shopping bag (translated to American as tote bag!) about six months ago I stuck the bits of tatting on with some other glue that I'd got. This isn't washable and I didn't expect the bits to stay on. They're still there and looking just as good as the day they were added!!!

SO, I reckon that I'll just use this stronger glue on the 'virgin' denim and see what happens. After all, if the pieces fall off I can stick them on again AND knowing me - I'll not like the bag in a few months time anyway!!!!
Below are two fishes that got done before the red wine took too great a hold!!!

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I guess if I want my luck to improve, I'll have to start attending some sales! I'm glad you were able to release another beauty from captivity... sounds like there should be a fairy tale linked to this!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.