16 March 2008

Sunday!

Well I didn't pick up a shuttle at all on Saturday. Too much going on here. BUT yesterday was quite the opposite. I was chosen to be one of the demonstrators for the Ring of Tatters at the NEC. For those who don't know - this is the National Exhibition Centre here in the UK. It's a huge site with about eight very large halls where exhibitions are held.
From Thursday to Sunday of last week the
Sewing for Pleasure and Hobbycraft exhibitions were held in adjacent halls. The site is about 25 miles from where I live. The Ring of Tatters are given a stand at this exhibition purely to demonstrate and teach people who want to learn or who want to know more about our addiction! This is always a very busy and happy day - meeting up with friends on the stand and often friends passing by. We take some of our tatting with us to decorate the stand and then assist as and when needed.
This year
Rosemarie Peel was there and I asked her how her new book was coming along! Life seems to be delaying the much awaited next book from Rosemarie.
Michelle Roebuck - the editor of the Ring's 'new look' newsletter was there too. We had a good natter about Diane's TIAS and both of us admitted we were flumoxed about what it was going to be!!!
I was very good and didn't come home with any beads OR threads. I'd told myself that I didn't need any more threads or beads and for once I actually listened and took note!! BUT I did come home with a new gismo for loading beads onto threads. It's a bit like this but the one I bought is is a small plastic one. What I did buy to go with it is a 'bent' long (very long) needle to go with it. I'll show you when I get a chance to take a photo of it.
I got home at just gone six o'clock. Totally tired, with a sore throat (too much talking!) and a thirst which needed quenching with a large glass of red wine!!!

3 comments:

Tattycat said...

Congratulations on the NEC! I hope the red wine helped your throat!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Sounds like fun! I've been thinking about buying one of those bead spinners. Have you tried it yet? Does it really work?

Jane Eborall said...

Ah, I haven't really given it a good try yet!! I had a small play with it yesterday but wasn't really concentrating. It appears to do it, though. I just need to get something to stick it to the table with so I can give it a good spin. I wouldn't want to pay a lot for one. I paid about $12.00 for this which is about right for the amount I'll probably use it!!
JaneEb

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.