16 April 2008

Christmas is coming!

OK, I know it's not coming just yet but it is on it's way and it does happen every year so I thought you'd like to see what a friend of mine has been up to. She's Jennifer Williams and is secretary of the Ring of Tatters.
Last Christmas her tree was featured on the cover of the 'new look' (and fabulous it is too) copy of the Ring of Tatter's newsletter.
She has since then spent a lot of time writing down her instructions and has now got it saved in the form of a pdf file which she's very happy to share - for FREE. If you live abroad (i.e. not in the UK) Jennifer will print out copies and mail them at cost. You'll have to ask her how much that will be when you let her know which country you're in!!
Another idea that she has been working on for her tatting group is diagrams on how to sew in ends. I've added that to my web page for her and you'll find it under the 'tips and techniques' section.
Just in case people miss her comment I'm adding Michelle's to the page below!!
"I've seen Jennifer's tree "in person" at one of the craft fairs, and it looks amazing. Espcially with the addition of a string of teeny, battery-powered lights.
And just a note that Jennifer's tree instructions include not only the tree branches, but the candles, baubles & decoration patterns as well." Michelle
Thanks, Michelle and I so agree with you. It's a stunning tree - it's been to visit me at home here too!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen Jennifer's tree "in person" at one of the craft fairs, and it looks amazing. Espcially with the addition of a string of teeny, battery-powered lights.

And just a note that Jennifer's tree instructions include not only the tree branches, but the candles, baubles & decoration patterns as well. Michelle

Toptattyhead said...

This is the absolute ultimate in 3D tatting! Fabulous! Fabulous!

Marty said...

It's wonderful! How do I get in touch with Jennifer? I'd really like to have her instructions!

Jane Eborall said...

Hi Marty - drop me a note on love to tat@gmail.com and I'll send you her addy.
Jane

Marji said...

I would love to have a copy of Jennifer's pattern too!!! I tried the tat@gmail.com address you mentioned and it doesn't work???

Marji

Jane Eborall said...

Sorry, take the spaces out between love to tat@gmail.com

Unknown said...

That tree is so cute. May I have an addy, too?

Jane Eborall said...

Hi tattingchic. Please email me on 'lovetotat@gmaildotcom'
Take out the 'dot' and put in a . please!!!
Jane

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.