17 November 2008

Well I'll be ........ jiggered!

I found this little purse that I made from my original Mrs Beeton's Book of Needlework. I would've tatted this some probably thirty/forty years ago!!

I found it when I was 'tidying up' Well, not really tidying - more rummaging through stuff, don't worry!

As you can see the thread has yellowed. I may, just may re-do this again one day as I remember that it was tatted with a Twilley's thread and I don't and never did like that thread. It was probably all I could get at that time.

The clasp is probably very old as my gran gave it to me and it was old then.


7 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, and see you were crazy about beads then too! Adorable. I have some small clasp purses like that that I keep picking up with the idea of refurbishing. Haven't yet, but it's on my "list".

Stephanie said...

That is pretty! I love that clasp, but I think all those beads would make me go bonkers. How did you fit them all on the shuttle?

Tattycat said...

This is beautiful. What a lovely find!

Jane Eborall said...

Welll, Steph, I'm not sure how I did get them all onto the shuttle. It's a shuttle only pattern too. I used to use a Milward shuttle in those days and they hold quite a lot. I think there's a shuttle somewhere in this house loaded with thread and beads and ready to do another purse to replace the tatting on that one but I haven't seen it for a few (cough, cough, splutter, splutter) years!!!!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Jane.

Ridgewoman said...

Oh, I love little bags. This is just darling and finding somethng after (cough cough splutter) time passes is so much fun.
X Bev

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

That is such a cute little purse. It looks like tiny thread and millions of beads too! You are so creative and this is just another example of it. Have a great day!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.