3 August 2009

Thoughts on addiing beads

I'd like to thank all the kind people who have written to me both in comments on the blog and privately.
There has been a lot of interest in the latest two ways of adding beads to rings and split rings and I'm only too pleased that people find the two pages useful.
The thing that constantly surprises me is that this hasn't been shown before. I can't believe that it's an original idea.
OK, so IF it is then that forces me to ask another question. Having played with beads for the past (must be roughly) thirty years then why oh why didn't I think of it before?!?!?!? I can't understand why and how I came across this while fiddling around AFTER designing a new pair of earrings which needed these two techniques.
I suppose it was partly because I wasn't happy with the results I was getting. This isn't to say that the ways I was using before (making the ring or split ring and then pulling the core thread down) meant an untidy result - it really means that I just wasn't very good at it!!!!
I wonder if there's anything else that I need to fiddle around with to get a better result?
OK, I know the answer to that. Housework!!!!! FORGET IT!!!

1 comment:

Tatfully Yours said...

Hi Jane

Housework!!!!!FORGET IT!!!! I wish I could. One, I work for a house cleaning company and two we are hosting a family get together on the 22nd. We started upstairs not just cleaning but repainting trim and doors. I don't think my poor back will be the same again. LOL
Happy Tatting
Kelly

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.