24 March 2011

A surprise visit and a NEW join!

Before I show you what I made two days ago I MUST show you this link if you haven't already seen it.  I think it's a fabulous idea - another avoiding the folded join to the alternative avoiding the folded join - if you can follow that!  It's from Teri Dusenbury who I SO admire.  This is an intriguing and very sensible way of achieving this join.  Better than the way I showed you.  In fact I managed it at my first attempt and just from watching her video a couple of times!!!  Here's my first try.
Now, I needed to make a couple of brooches (or, in American - pins) for gifts so mathered about 'what to make'!!!  They are for little girls so anything with a magnet on just isn't a good idea!!! Not only are they easy for kids to lose they are easy for even tinier kids to swallow!!!

Then I remembered the Tatbead Family and thought I'd do those.  Here they are - ready to 'go' with tiny pins on their backs!!!
 This is the back view.

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Very cute brooches for the children - but will they be sensible enough to NOT undo the pins and swallow those? Maybe you'd better glue them on, just to be sure!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Very sweet little people pins. Your Tatbeads are always so cute!
Thanks for pointing out Teri's videos. I have been sick for what seems like forever, first strep throat, then the flu, then bronchitis. So I wasn't on the computer much and feel like I have missed so much in TatLand. I'm still trying to catch up on everyone's blogs.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oooo..they are just adorable!!! The girls will love them! I also admire Terri very much and am so glad I was able to get a few of her patterns when she was giving them for free. Thanks so much for the link I will go and check it out. Have a wonderful tat day!!

God's Kid said...

Those look great for kids! :)

tatting-marie said...

Jane, I still like our way of joining better. I think it's much simpler. But thanks for showing us another way to do it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.