10 May 2011

Old earrings - part 3!

Here are a few more.  

The cats are old and so are the horses.  I sort of remember doing the horses - they were relatively easy!!!

The swans remind me of an 'incident'!!!  One of those days in my life when I was particularly rebellious.  The school I was teaching in had a swan as it's symbol so those were made for that reason.  

My 'rebelliousness' was when I was cajoled (call it forced!) into taking a few of the pupils in the Shakespeare's Birthday celebrations procession.  I really, really didn't want to do that so as a sort of 'rebellion' I made those earrings MUCH bigger and with wool so they really stood out!!!  


Now revenge was wrought upon me as that year it SNOWED on April 23rd (well, the closest Saturday to that date which is Shakespeare's birthday).  It was cold, wet and horrid in the procession so it served me right for being so bad.

3 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Gosh another lovely set of earrings, I love the swans. Those children had a lovely range of earrings to give then fun.
Margaret

Maureen said...

I love the horses - and the badger is there too, all those years ago!

Sally Kerson said...

Come on where are the patterns? I hope you wrote them down.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.