16 May 2012

Interruption to doodles!!!

I know I was going to show you doodles all week but I'm afraid there's going to be an interruption today!!!  Why?  Well because I've got something to show off.  Blatantly and proudly show off.  Anyway I think you're all getting bored with doodles as there haven't been many comments lately and I think a lot of people have either wandered off or fallen asleep!!!

Yesterday the postie came to our house - without any bills (they all seem to appear in my inbox nowadays) but with a small box from America.  Inside was a shuttle from Chris and Erin Hinton - with MY NAME on it.  It's one of 'those' shuttles that you can't help stroking and stroking - very tactile.  I think it must be to do with the wood as that's what happens when Sally and 'im in the garage send me the Pop A Bobbins - I have to stroke them too.  

Ah, I've got it - I'm a 'secret shuttle stroker'.  Does this mean I've got a mental health problem or is it normal, do you think?  Here is the shuttle - both sides.  Wonderful.


12 comments:

Maureen said...

Isn't it beautiful!! I've entered the giveaway in the hopes that I may win one!
Go ahead and stroke your shuttle all you like - I have to smell new shoes and balls of wool. When books were properly printed and had hardcovers, I had to bury my nose in those too.

Vera said...

Szépek ezek a hajócskák...Igen láttam másnál is , ráadásul számozott..Gratulálok hozzá!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think shuttle stroking is normal, and it's right up there with sniffing new books. : )

Enjoy your new shuttle!

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely shuttles! You wouldn't be normal if you didn't stroke them.

Valerie said...

Ooh another precious! I totally understand the doodle interuption. :)

Fox said...

Lovely shuttle. Enjoy it and fondle away with gusto.

Seek help for incidents of inappropriate fondling from tatting professionals only.
Fox : )

Lelia said...

A beautiful shuttle!

Karrieann said...

..stroking them only improves their character!

IsDihara said...

Who am I to naysay shuttle stroking? I do it all the time! Though, and I am being completely honest about this, before reading the previous comments I thought "with your nose in a book" was mere a poetic reference to reading. Not actually book sniffing! LOL!

** jess! ** said...

Different strokes for different folks...
I'd stroke it too! :o)

Monica said...

It loook like I would stroke it too! Lovely, Jane!

(and by the way - I have been looking at your doodles, just not commenting much... I simply *adored* the tree and giraffe ones!)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is a nice addiiton to your shuttle collection! Although I don't use this type of shuttle, I admit I'm tempted to order one of these! And we never get bored with your posts!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.