12 July 2013

Further progress!!!


Back to the doily again!!!

Now I'm happy so I can show you round five.  I decided in the end that it was the picots that were spoiling it for me so they had to go.  No, I didn't snip them off with the scissors but it was tempting with the last attempt!!

Now all I've got to do is sort out round 6.  BIG, BIG sigh!!!!

I'm enjoying these two colours more than the last ones.  BUT of course I now want to know what it would look like in another HDT and plain!!!  I may even do one using HWT one day!!  When will it ever end?


9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I hope it never ends! I love seeing all of your color combinations!

God's Kid said...

It's so beautiful!!! :) I love your colors!! :)

picotsnkeys said...

I agree with Diane. It never ends.
But isn't that refreshing that life can never be boring? At least for some of us....tee hee
Melanie

Batty Tatter said...

What do HDT and HWT stand for? Your doily is lovely. I hope it doesn't wind up in a drawer. I like the colors.

Jane Eborall said...

Sorry, Mad Tatter. HDT stands for hand dyed threads and HWT stands for hand wound threads. The latter is when you wind several thin threads together onto your shuttle to get amazing colours. Specially interesting if you use variegated threads!!!

Batty Tatter said...

oh, ok. I'm probably the only one who didn't know that. Thanks

Jane Eborall said...

Oh no you're not, Mad Tatter. I had to ask what HDT stood for when people started using that abbreviation too!!!!

Mrs. Fink said...

I didn't know either--thanks for asking! Jane, if/when you do use the HWT I'd love to see a picture of the thread close up, to see the different threads!

Jane Eborall said...

Kristen - I'm just going to email you a picture of some earrings I made with HWT!!!! Think these were made with three strands of sewing thread. Will look to see if I can find any more pictures.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.