29 August 2013

Please DO NOT


A sad weekend coming up the week after next (September 5th).  Well sad for me and for Sally too who had a 'taster' of the fun last year.  Why?  Well we're not going to Palmetto Tat Days this year.  I will be sitting here sulking and thinking of ALL the fun all my friends are having during that special weekend of the year.  This year is going to be their biggest ever in terms of people attending so even MORE fun and probably ice cream too!!!

There's the vending room, fantastic lessons, amazing teachers (thank goodness for the CD with all the patterns on which I'll be ordering) and the wonderful friendship, etc, etc.

BUT I am taking a meagre part in the fund raiser.  The organisers in this group do a fantastic job supporting tatters who would otherwise not be able to attend, by raising money for scholarships.

They do this with a lot of help from many people who make quilts to auction (too many for BC3 to remember) and then they auction the results at Tat Days.  Now what I DON'T want you to do is go to this link and put in a bid on ANY of the items in the drawing.  Oh, perhaps you want to see more of the quilts so you'd better go to this link too.

Why don't I want you to bid?  Well, because I WANT TO WIN!!!!  

Remember - DON'T go bidding on the fund raiser - well, unless you want to help raise loads of money for other tatters to attend next year.  Oh, I've added two of my favourites below but haven't decided which one I'm going to win!!!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

The year has gone by so fast! - it seems just a couple of days ago that you and Sally were preparing to travel.
Lovely quilts, I hope you win one of them!

Madtatter80 said...

beautiful quilt, love that printed fabric

Mary Anne said...

We'll miss you and Sally.

Phyllis said...

You will be missed. If it helps any, I will be thinking of you and Sally throughout the weekend. Hope you win a quilt!

Crazy Mom! said...

I'll take pictures and send them to you BOTH!

My guest room is still there - with a bigger bed! And cats!

Jane Eborall said...

No, no, NO, Crazy Mom. It's not PICTURES I'm after - it's a quilt!!!! Seriously - looking forward to seeing any and ALL pictures.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.