21 October 2013

Done and dusted.


I just HAD to try the Fandango Coaster again to see what would happen with the centre when four motifs all the same colours were joined together!!!  Now I know.  A pretty flower emerges.  Oh, I love surprises like this.  Now who thought I'd designed this with that in mind?  Wish I was as clever as that but now I can 'see' what's happened it's given me other ideas!!!!

So, finally I took BC3 in hand yesterday and told him this pattern just HAD to be finished and put on the internet.  We both spotted a couple of missing abbreviations and (if you've been following) you'll know how many times I've worked this pattern and I STILL had something not quite right.  These are the times you saw it being worked but believe me - there are at least four trials that went in the bin before that!!

Whooops, before I forget and wander off to start another Monday - here's the link.

9 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Oh wow, love that, thanks for the pattern.

Maureen said...

Sideways I can still see the bow! - how clever.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful pattern, and I like the way they flow together,
Margaret

Madtatter80 said...

This will be fun done in different colors too!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Thanks for showing the four together. I love the look and the pattern that shows up in the center!

linb54 said...

beautiful! love the two colors together!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

First, I can't get over how quickly you tat ! Second, this has perfect dimensions as a square doily with a pleasing balance of tatting and open spaces. Third, the two-color split rings actually create the beautiful design. I believe you pioneered this idea? I'm sure the tatters of the past would be amazed at the effects that are possible using the two-color split ring! I'm amazed, too!

This really is a brilliant pattern!

Pigmini said...

One more for my to do list Jane!!!

God's Kid said...

It looks awesome!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.