25 March 2016

You were right!


Those who guessed it was going to be a doily were right. The Fandango Doily.

Now this may look an easy addition to the central part but it wasn't. The corners had me well stumped and several 'takings out' and re-tats were needed.

In this picture the top left corner doesn't look right but that's probably because I flung it on the scanner on the way to bed. Sally isn't keen on the two colours next to the centre and I must say I wasn't at first. BUT I think the next round will make it 'OK' - when I've decided what I'm going to use for it, of course!!! Decisions take time and I get easily distracted too!!!

11 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I kind of like the two colors next to the center. I guess it's really a personal like or dislike. What color will be next?

Jane Eborall said...

The usual combination of 'wait' and 'see', Diane!!!!

Michelle said...

I love the negative spaces, reminds me a bit of Diane's concentric rectangles....

God's Kid said...

Neat idea!!! :) At first I was thinking you were trying to make the doily Diane has been making.

Jane Eborall said...

Michelle and God's Kid - it was inspired by the designer of the doily that Diane's making. It appealed to me so much I wondered if the same sort of thing could be done with the Fandango bookmark.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is lovely! I'm sure "wait" and "see" will be wonderful colors to use on the next row.
StephanieW

erin said...

Would that make it a "Rectango"? Lovely!

Jane Eborall said...

Ha, ha, HA!!!!! Great name!!!

erin said...

Or would that be "Fandangle"? Heehee!

Jane Eborall said...

Your suggestions just get better and better, Erin.

Bernice said...

Interesting doily, and those corners would have made me more grey.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.