29 April 2017

Finished and on my site


Well I finally got it done - the new snowflake pattern. 

You would've laughed at my first attempt to get it online and working. I somehow got the wrong links on the 'click here' words!!! Gave me a shock when I clicked on the words and it took me to a totally different place!!! Anyway I quickly got it sorted and finalised. 

Now the reason it's called 'Sally's Bugle Snowflake' is because my little sister (I have to put little as she insists I'm eons older than her) loves bugle beads. I've never been particularly fond of them but after doing this design I must say I'm rather hooked!!! 

Anyway, I sent Sally a copy of the pattern and she had a bit of a hard time with the technique at first. That's partly the reason I changed the technique page although I don't think you'll need to refer to it as I'm pretty sure everything's covered in the pattern. Remember - this is a new technique so probably not available on youtube yet!!!

So, here it is. I think this is my 'bestest ever' design and I'm still making the snowflakes weeks after I started on it.

10 comments:

muskaan said...

Now you cannot say you don't do elegant ;-P
It really Is a beauty .

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I have bugle beads, thanks to my friend Denise, but I'll have to search for safety pins to try this out. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful new pattern!

Jane McLellan said...

Stunning design! Thank you.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you. Can't wait to tat it.

Anonymous said...

Paperclips work too

Sally Kerson said...

This is a great pattern and even better since it was named after me!
Going to post the ones I have made on my blog now the secret is out!

Bernice said...

I can't wait to try. It really is a clever design.

JB said...

Beautiful design. Thank you for sharing another wonderful pattern.

Tim Kaylor said...

Jane, working on it. First try showed me some things I need to know. Like keeping the center tight. Very interesting design.

God's Kid said...

Awesome snowflakes!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.