22 April 2017

Whoops!


I forgot to show this round of Renulek's doily although I finished it days ago. 

In this round (round 8) I've used a couple of pale green HWT threads and I think they look fine. I've already started and am well into round 9. Again I've avoided the issue (well, my issue) of the onion rings and have used a chain round instead. More of that in a few days!!!

I seem to have been going through a 'dry' patch of blogging but a lot of that is because I've been working on something new. A few close friends have seen it and I'm almost ready to share pictures although the pattern may take a while for me to finish!!! 

Well, that's not strictly true. I just like teasing you all!!! It's going to be a .......... Nope, not going to tell you - you'll have to wait!!!

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Would it be possible to throw a ring off an outer onion ring? Chain very much easier!

Jane Eborall said...

Not given it much thought, Jane! I think you could if you used a loop tatted ring?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the contrast between the bold and soft colors!

God's Kid said...

Very beautiful Spring doily!!! I love watching it "bloom" with new colors!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Onion rings can be formed with an inner ring and a chain out around....therefore you could throw off a ring. I have done this experimentally. Charlene Calvert Pinkowski

Jane Eborall said...

That's what I'm doing with the next round, Charlene. I'm guessing that if an onion ring was used then a loop tatted ring would be the answer. I'll try it later today!!

Madtatter80 said...

Lovely and very spring like too!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.