22 June 2017

A letter to Dora

Dear Dora 

I received the reprint of your book (thank you, Heidi) yesterday in the post. How DID I miss it the first time round? Ah, probably because in those days I had difficulty finding tatting sources in America (I'm still here in the UK)!!!

When you were avidly tatting in the 1970's I'd also been tatting for many years too. If ONLY the internet had been around then we'd have probably been Facebook friends (or something) and enjoyed each other's tatting company via cyberspace. 

I can't thank you enough for 'birthing' the split chain and split ring which gave me such freedom for my own design work.

Since stumbling across your book via a friend in South Carolina last September I've been totally addicted to your patterns. 

Your friend in tatting and in awe of your talents

Jane

To my other tatting friends - I want to say what an interesting addition of Dora's background Heidi has added to the reprint.  I LOVE finding out about this iconic tatter.

I have notes I've made which I have added to this blog (see the pages at the top) or which you can email me for which may help with some of the patterns. 

Also orders are now being taken from Heidi NakayamaTatting CornerHandy Hands in America and anybody in the UK who wants to avoid postage costs from the States can email me and I will bring you back a copy from Canada later this year and mail it at UK rates when I return.


9 comments:

Tim Kaylor said...

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I cannot wait! Thanks for the notes page. It will be quite handy.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

My copy is on the way! I hope to receive it today. I'm really excited! Now, if we could only get some other reprints going!

Crazy Mom! said...

I should get mine today!!! Whee!!!

Memé said...

I would love a reprint.

Jane Eborall said...

I hope you get one, Meme. Just use the links I've given to order then wait for it to arrive!

God's Kid said...

Hoping to get one later. :)

Jeff Hamilton said...

I'd love to get a copy, but it might have to wait until I can place a large order with one of the shops. Shipping from the US to Canada has gotten insane. Heidi's not taking orders right now until August 1st. DS9 Designs also has the book, but they don't ship internationally anymore.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for your notes. Your notes are always so helpful and I need all the help I get.

Pigmini said...

I get mine soon. It's winging its way across from the US as we speak! AND it's a birthday present to me from Sir!

I 'borrowed' the original from the Ring of Tatters Library, it arrived this lunchtime. So... I'll be able to see the differences!!

Why do these things happen when I've just started a diff'rent project?? No I'm not telling what it is!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.