13 June 2017

Next part of my story about a ring!


Can you see what I've done with the ¾" ring? 

First I made a motif which fits snugly into the middle of the ring. I added beads to the bottoms of each ring by having them on the thread round the back of my hand when I started each petal. Also, with the canny use of vsp's, I managed to make those darn rings sit sweetly where they should. 

I sometimes think that the folks in Tat Land should christen me the 'Queen of the VSP's' as I use them such a lot!!!!  Mind, they'd have to crown me with a vsc (very small crown)!!!  There again - perhaps nobody's noticed!!!! They are an important design stability element for me. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it so don't you all throw rotten eggs at me!

The next thing I did was to cover the ring at the same time as adding the flower to the tatting.  

More to come!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rotten eggs thrown at you??? Certainly NOT FROM ME!!! ROFL

Tim Kaylor said...

Glad to see this. I am just getting started with rings. I have done one. Not difficult. I need to find out how to add the star in the center like you did. Will wait for it. I did sign up for Paige's class at Tat Days to make her ring. It's a level 1 but I can always learn something from someone else!

Jane Eborall said...

Will contact you privately on how to attach the flower as you go along!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Adorable! I've been wanting to learn how to tat around rings.

Jane McLellan said...

Vbc from me at any rate! I like this, and like the fact that it's recycling the metal ring. Good job!

craftie sylvie said...

The 1st chapter of this story about a ring is perfect! I'll be riveted to my PC while waiting for the next instalment :)

Spinning Tatter said...

This is so pretty! I am always wanting to learn something new!

muskaan said...

Very proomising & superb colourway :-)

Bernice said...

I'd give you a vsc or vbc. I do like the idea of beads on the small center motif.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.